News & Links
Project CyberParks is releasing a book of ideas on the use of ICT to contribute to spatial practices
Os Projetos C3Places & CyberParks estão presentes na Noite Europeia dos Investigadores | 28 de Setembro
The third international meeting of the C3Places Project | Ljubljana | 17 - 19 September 2018
The third international meeting of C3Places took place in Ljubljana / Slovenia from 17 to 19 September and was organised by the Project partner UIRS (www.uirs.si). Besides the discussion on the progress made, two major topics dominated the agenda: The first one was the issue with the Italian partners, which after more than one year since the Project begin still do not have a valid contract ensuring the financing by the Italian National Funding Agency. Having all partners able to properly work central is issue in a Project, which based on cooperation and exchange of specific expertise, the tasks cannot be covered in the same dimension by other partners. The present situation is also limiting the generation of data, since the case study planned for Milano could not be implemented yet. The lack of planned outcomes and the too many constraints are major issues the Project has to handle, then a sustainable solution for this fully disappointing situation is very unpredictable.
The second major issue of the meeting was the development of a Business and Exploitation Plan – a central element required by H2020 / JPI UrbanEurope Programmes. In a session coordinated by Dr Monika Mačiulienė of the Lab for Social Technologies, Mykolas Romeris University (www.mruni.eu/en) (Vilnius / Lithuania) a first draft has been elaborated. A Business Plan is a very delicate issue for a project dedicated to the development of a common good - as the case of urban public spaces. This first draft is being internally further discussed, its delivery is planned for October 2019.
The next project meeting is scheduled for 21 to 23 May 2019 in Milano/Italy.
C3Places is launching a call for book chapters on co-creation of public open spaces
The Project is interested in experiences (good and bad) of getting people involved in the production of public open spaces. The call is available here.
The book is to be published by Lusófona University Press (Lisbon) and CeiED - Interdisciplinary Research Centre for Education and Development within the series Territory and Culture Studies (http://www.ceied.ulusofona.pt/en/series-culture-and-territory).
The first case report from Lisbon is available! (in Portuguese)
Foi publicado pelo Projeto C3Places - o uso de tecnologias digitais para a cocriação de espaços públicos inclusivos (Horizonte 2020/JPI UrbanEurope Agreement no. 693443) o relatório preliminar sobre o Estudo de Caso de Lisboa: Adolescentes e Cocriação do Espaço Público. O relatório apresenta os objetivos do projeto e do estudo de caso em Lisboa, desenvolvido em colaboração entre a Universidade Lusófona/CeiED e o LNEC, e descreve a estrutura, metodologia aplicada, resultados preliminares e problemas enfrentados no desenvolvimento e operacionalização, no âmbito do estudo de caso, de Oficinas de Urbanismo com adolescentes da Escola Secundária Padre António Vieira (ESPAV) localizada no bairro de Alvalade.
Upcoming Symposium on Urban Sound in Ghent
URBAN SOUND SYMPOSIUM
April 3-5, 2019 in Ghent, Belgium
Launched: call for industrial partners
The project C3PLACES launches the call for IT companies (startups), private (groups of) software developers, co-working hubs, household innovators, artist, etc., to offer their products, services and concepts to be introduced and tested in LIVING LABS of the project partners in Lisbon (Portugal), Milan (Italy), Vilnius (Lithuania) and Ghent (Belgium).
The website for C3PLACES is now live.
Symposium on Urban Sound in Ghent/BE
Existing results and deliverables obtained from publicly funded projects, which provide the basis of or feed into the proposed project:
- COST / TU1306: CyberParks -Fostering the knowledge about the relationship between ICT and public spaces
- COST / D-15013: INTREPID - Interdisciplinarity in research programming and funding cycles
- COST / TU1204: People Friendly Cities in a Data Rich World / Chapters in a book in print, available under working bibliographic note: Certomá; C, Dyer M, Pocatilu L, Rizzi F (eds.) "Citizen Empowerment and Innovation in the Data-Rich City World. Springer, in print
- Culture 2007 - 2013 / Human Cities 1: HC 1: Sustainable Urban Design
- Culture 2007 - 2013 / Human Cities 2: HC 2: Reclaiming public space
- ESF / Lithua-nian Re-search Council / VP1-3.1-ŠMM-07-K: Measure „Support to Re-search Activities of Scientists and other
- FCT/PT & MIT/US / 2010-2013: Net Zero Energy School: Reaching the Community
- Cooperacy / CI-2015-2-Cooperacy: Cooperation: enjoying collective intelligence
- Interreg IIIB / CADSES: GreenKeys - Urban Green as a Key for Sustainable Cities
- FP7/2007-2013) / 318272: Improved water efficiency through ICT for integrated supply-demand side management
- Municipality of Milan / HARP: Milan International Solidarity and Cooperation Projects -Multimedia Remote Transmission Plat-form / Publications. The platform can be accessed as a guest; credentials are available upon request.